[special_tab title=”Litigation” icon=”legal” endoftab]
Litigation is a major portion of the firm’s practice. As a matter of good business practice, the attorneys of the firm seek to resolve all disputes short of litigation. When a resolution cannot be reached, however, our attorneys have the experience, reputation for strong advocacy, and the knowledge necessary to achieve the best possible results for you- our clients.
The firm’s experience and expertise encompass a wide variety of commercial litigation and bankruptcy issues. We also have expertise with bankruptcy litigation, having represented both creditor and debtors in court.
The firm regularly represents National Institutions, Local Businesses and Individuals in the following areas:
- Judgment Enforcement
- Secured Transaction lien enforcement including leasing and factoring
- Real Estate Litigation – including title disputes and contract disputes
- Bankruptcy stay litigation and other litigation
- Collections Litigation
- Fraudulent Transfers
- Title Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Leasing Litigation
- Contract Disputes
[special_tab title=”Commercial Litigation, Collections and Bankruptcy” icon=”legal” endoftab]
Commercial Litigation, Collections and Bankruptcy
The firm’s experience and expertise encompass a wide variety of commercial litigation and bankruptcy issues, including collections and contract enforcement litigation. We also have expertise with bankruptcy litigation, having represented both creditor and debtors in court. In addition, our firm has also represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various local government boards and agencies in relation to tax disputes, zoning issues and the like. The firm has represented several national nursing home claims and manufacturing clients in their collection matters.
Commercial Litigation, Collections and Bankruptcy Attorneys:
[special_tab title=”Trusts and Estates” icon=”legal” endoftab]
Trusts and Estates
Wetherington Hamilton P. A. has a sophisticated estate planning and administration practice. We strive to offer our clients unparalleled, personal service while tailoring estate plans to fit their family’s unique needs, values and goals. Through counseling, we protect families by planning for incapacity, providing for minor or disabled children and planning for estate taxes. We also assist with planned giving involving charitable bequests and work towards the avoidance of probate.
On most of our planning, we offer reasonable fixed fees and provide a fee quote to our clients following their initial consultation. This allows our clients to know exactly what to expect from us before moving forward.
Our experienced estate planning and probate attorneys:
- Have worked on hundreds of probate estates and trust administrations
throughout the entire state of Florida
- Pride themselves on working efficiently and in the most cost-effective manner for our clients
- Have administered estates in every financial bracket
- Use a holistic planning approach by opening the lines of communication among our client’s financial planners, CPAs,and other advisors
[special_tab title=”Community Association Law” icon=”legal” endoftab]
Community Association Representation
Wetherington Hamilton, P.A. regularly provides legal representation to community associations and currently represents over 100 community associations throughout the state of Florida. The Community Association practice group regularly provides informational seminars to property managers and other representatives of community associations regarding current issues facing community associations. Wetherington Hamilton, P.A. is also active in CAI and is active in training and providing education in the area of community association law. The attorneys of Wetherington Hamilton, P.A., including Theodore Hamilton, Douglas Christy, and Ellen Hirsch de Haan, have spoken to various boards and at CAI events on a number of issues of concern to community associations. Property management companies and community associations of all sizes rely on the advice of the attorneys of Wetherington Hamilton, P.A. for guidance.
We also offer our associations fantastic benefits to make sure we are meeting their needs in the most efficient way, such as free status reports, a client liaison assigned specifically for urgent requests, one attorney appearance per year at a board meeting to meet with board members – completely free of charge, and a 48 hour response guarantee for any inquiries. Contact us for more details.
The HOA and Condo Law group regularly represents community association clients in transactional and litigation matters including:
- Covenant enforcement matters in mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings
- Assessment collections
- Amendments and updates to governing documents and covenants
- Covenant revitalization or preservation under the Marketable Record Title Act
- Transition of communities from developer-control to control by non-developer owners
[special_tab title=”Real Estate” icon=”legal” endoftab]
We here at Wetherington Hamilton P.A. represent all types of matters for both purchasers and sellers in all types of cases, from the creation of the contract through post-closing issues. Our attorneys have a special expertise in survey issues, title insurance review and landlord/tenant law.
The firm has extensive experience with all types of real estate litigation matters, including: title insurance litigation, construction law, breaches of contract, property tax disputes, eminent domain issues and fraudulent nondisclosure matters, mortgage foreclosure litigation and commercial and residential landlord/tenant litigation.
Wetherington Hamilton P. A. has extensive experience in representing buyers, sellers, developers and lenders in a variety of real estate transactions, including:
- Landlord/tenant matters
- Residential sales transactions
- Title Insurance litigation
- Boundary disputes
- Commercial and residential leasing
- Representation of lenders
- Financing of real estate transactions
- Zoning and land use development
The firm also has the ability to issue title insurance through Attorneys Title Insurance Fund.
[special_tab title=”Construction Law” icon=”legal” endoftab]
The attorneys here at Wetherington Hamilton P.A. have many years of experience in Construction Law. We strive to offer our clients extensive knowledge in all areas that construction encompasses by offering our unique perspective as a result from our experience and expertise in this practice area.
We can advise you with regard to the significant effects of contract provision including “pay when paid” and “no damages for delay” clauses, licensing and insurance requirements, liquidated damages, draw schedules, remedies fro breaches of the contract, and warranty rights and claims. During constructions, the attorneys at Wetherington Hamilton can assist you with contract and project administration. Our attorneys can counsel you after construction in closing out the project.
- Advise in regard to land acquisition, project financing, bidding procedures, permitting, zoning, environmental regulations, and selection and formation of business entities
- Assist with contract and project administration including negotiating and resolving disputes concerning bid mistakes
- If a resolution is not reached we can assist you in mitigating the damages, preserving your lien right and bond claims, and documenting evidence
- Counsel you after construction in closing out the project, obtaining final payment, addressing warranty issues, and property leasing and sales
- Represent you in the negotiation, mediation, and litigation of all types of construction
[special_tab title=”Business and Commercial Law” icon=”legal” endoftab]
Business and Commercial Law
We here at Wetherington Hamilton P.A. have extensive experience in off-shore corporate work and in preparing and negotiation of multinational contracts in petrochemical and related enterprises. We have personal franchise experience in multi-state operations, both as franchiser and franchisee.
We regularly counsel clients on tax aspects of their business actions and on the myriad of federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Our clients include both large corporations and small businesses, ranging from start-up operations to established companies in manufacturing, service, business valuations, indemnity bonding, transportation and others. We pride ourselves on our ability to be very responsive in meeting all of our clients’ business needs.
Our attorneys have experience in all aspects of business and corporate law. We represent businesses in a variety of areas, including:
- Formation of corporations, professional associations, limited and general partnerships joint ventures, and limited liability companies
- Preparation of contracts regarding sales of goods, equipment, and/or manufacturing facilities, employment, stockholder relationships, leases and others
- Mergers, acquisitions and sale of corporate stock or assets
- Reorganizations, dissolutions and liquidations
- Purchase and sale of businesses and business assets
- Labor relations