Site Loader
812 W. Dr. M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Tampa FL Suite 101
Personal Representative of an estate

Who Should I Appoint Personal Representative, or Trustee, of My Estate?

Because it may be difficult to maintain family harmony at such a sensitive time, and because people are often so busy with their own jobs and children, I increasingly advise clients to appoint a professional fiduciary, private trust company, bank, or law firm to serve as their agent. The fees being sought by these professional entities are reasonable for the services they provide. Clients can be assured that their estate will be administered properly and their children, or family members, will be on equal footing rather than having one person appointed over others. Ultimately, it takes the emotion out of the business of the estate administration.